Monday 2 November 2009

Type Project Reflection

I think most of my type project was appalling , I'm not too happy with the final outcomes or my overall performance in this project. I enjoyed making handmade type, i.e. sketching out the Alphabet using a template of Helvetica based letters, and also a Urban Alphabet. Other ways would have been the experimentation with type, like the different materials and different ways of writing/designing type. Live tracing types on Photoshop/Illustrator are easy to work with and make the handmade fonts look neater and better, it is the best way to transform handmade work to digital typefaces. None of the types I made, that I liked, fitted the breif for my book that I chose, I ended up creating a poster that did not really have anything to do with the brief. I think that the type poster will work well but I am disappointed in myself/my work because I did not take my time with the project and I rushed most of the work and to poor standards.

No comments:

Post a Comment